Heather & Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Update

Drew is doing so good this morning. He keeps waking up and they have to sedate him so he doesn't pull out his tubes. He is breathing on his own and they will take out the breathing tube shortly. If he does well without the breathing tube they will start tube feeding him.

The saddest thing is that they had to tie down his arms because he keeps pulling at everything and flailing around. We can't touch him or talk to him right now because he keeps waking up when he hears us :( They need to let him sleep longer but they want to cut back on his sedation. He will want to eat when he wakes up and he won't understand that Momy can't feed him or pick him up.

We went to the hotel last night and I surprised myself buy sleeping through the entire night, I was exhausted. The other kids in his room are not doing as well as Drew so we are aften asked to leave the room while they do procedures. I look forward to him being moved to his own room so we can spend more time with him. He is getting amazing care, the docs and nurses are wonderful.

5 Comments:

  • Heather
    I just read your update and I feel for you, it would be so hard, not to want to pick him up, try to think ahead and soon you will and you will soon be able to cuddle him and kiss him all you want.
    Love and hugs,
    Angela
    xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 p.m.  

  • Heather I am so proud of you and your abilities to handle this so well. Drew is so lucky to have you as parents and vice-versa. I will continue hoping for the best and I look forward to hearing about his recovery in the near future.
    Angie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 p.m.  

  • Hi Heather and Jason
    Mom gave me this site' thought I would write and say I am glad everything is going find with Drew.
    We are all wishing Drew well and saying prayers for him and both of you.

    Lots of love Betty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 p.m.  

  • Hi Heather and Jason (Myah and Drew too!)
    I just found out Drew was in having surgery. I can't believe it has come this fast. My thoughts are with all of you! Can't wait to see you all soon when you bring Drew home!
    Lots of hugs,
    Leanne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 p.m.  

  • Heather,
    I'm so glad the surgery went well and that Drew is doing okay. My heart just breaks when reading about Drew being carried off to surgery. That would kill me. I'm glad he did well with that.

    Still in my thoughts,

    Jen A.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home