Heather & Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sitting and waiting....

I just came down to the hospital library to post an update. Drew went in for surgery just beofre 8am and should be coming out aroun 1pm. They don't give you any updates during the surgery so we sit and wait. It is hard to pass the time as every hour creeps slowly by.

Drew was just a happy sweet little guy last night and this morning as usual. I fed him just before 4am which was the last time he was allowed to eat. He didn't seemed bothered by not having breakfast. We gave him a bath in special soap and the got him preped for surgery.

The hardest part was handing him over the the OR nurse. I gave Drew to her and he smiled and looked over her shoulder at us as he went off through the OR doors. As soon as he was out of sight I started to bawl. This is the longest I have ever been away from him. I miss my Drew and I'm saying my prayers that all is going well in surgery.

Keep thinking of us and sending those prayers. Thanks.

4 Comments:

  • Heather and Jason,
    It is 11:10am and I just read your note. I am still praying for you all.
    Love Angela
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 a.m.  

  • Heather & Jason

    I've been thinking about you guys all morning, and watching for updates. You're all in my thoughts. See you soon

    Kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 a.m.  

  • We have prayed and thought of your family every day since Drew was born. We are praying and thinking of you alot today.

    Love Mark Amy and Family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 a.m.  

  • We heard the surgery went well and we are thinking of you. Ang's computer isn't working at home so she told me to tell you she will commnent tomorrow from work and she is praying for all of you as well

    Love Mark and Amy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home