Heather & Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Just saw Drew

Drew is looking ok, I expected it to be worse. He is covered in tubes and wires. He has a tube in each nostril and in his mouth, a chest tube, a central line in his neck and a couple of IV's. He is getting all sorts of medications. I can see the incision in his chest, it is big. He is getting blood and platelets as he lost a lot of blood during the surgery.

The doc is pleased with how he is doing, his temp is up just a bit and his heart rate is a bit fast but both are normal after surgery. I have just been standing by the bed rubbing his head.

Both Jason and I are being strong. We have had some tears but the worst is behind us. I will update again tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • Hi Heather & Jason,
    I am so glad to hear that all went well. I started praying for Drew as soon as I got up this morning. I checked the website about 11 a.m. but I see you were on shortly after. I was away for the rest of the day and just checked again at 8 p.m. so I was able to tell the kids the good news before they went to sleep. Keep being strong and take care of yourselves! My thoughts and prayers will be with you everyday. Lisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 p.m.  

  • Thanks Heather

    Bernice gave me the web site last night. I am glad everything went well for Drew . Good Luck and I hope, no, I know everything will continue to be great. Your in our prayers.

    Joanne and Steve Atchison and Family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 a.m.  

  • Hi Shifty and Heather
    We're so happy to hear that everything went well. We love that you're keeping us updated. We're thinking of you and Drew everyday.
    Love Julie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 a.m.  

  • Jason & Heather
    I am glad things went well! We have been thinking of you and little Drew. I will be checking every day to see how Drew is doing.
    Lots of Love and Take Care,
    Love Angela
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 a.m.  

  • Heather and Jason
    We are glad he is doing well. We are thinking of you guys all the time.Thanks for the update and we are looking forward to hearing from you tommorw. We will keep praying.

    Lots of Love
    Mark and Amy
    xxoo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home