Heather & Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

WERE COMING HOME TODAY

Drew has just been discharged!!! My dad is on his way to Toronto to pick us up. I can hardly believe just one week after surgery and all the stress and set backs that we are getting out of this place.

After all the tubes were removed yesterday Drew has been feeling so much better. He looks wonderful and we are leaving without so much as a band-aid on him. He has one stitch where his chest tube was and we have to see our doc next week to get that removed.

He has been full of smiles today and started happily breast-feeding again at his 1 am feeding. I am so thrilled the last 24 hours has been such a relief but I was still shocked when the doc told us this morning that we would be going home. I can't wait for him to sleep in his own crib with no monitors beeping.

I am looking forward to being with Myah again and getting back to our routine. I may sleep on the floor in Drew's room tonight but I will try not to worry too much!!

Thanks for all your support and be sure to come and visit us at home soon!!

8 Comments:

  • Can't wait to visit.
    See you soon!
    Julie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 a.m.  

  • That is great news! It will feel so good for all of you to be home. If Myah needs a play and you need a sleep just give me a call. Take care and God bless, Lisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 p.m.  

  • Hi, I just randomly stumbled across your blog, but wow, what an ordeal you have been through! I hope Drew doesn't have any more problems and you guys can move forward with a happy baby. You're a very strong woman and seemed to be so positive through the entire process. Congratulations on having him home. :-)
    Heather

    By Blogger Ms. Conduct, at 12:50 p.m.  

  • I can't believe it! I am so excited for you guys. You can finally get your life back on track. You are a very strong family and I know everything will be smooth sailing from here on in.

    Lots of Love
    Mark and Amy
    We will come and visit soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 p.m.  

  • Heather, it is so great to hear that cute little Drew is going home! Things are looking up!!!

    Best Wishes,
    Jill, Scott & Tanner Tice
    (From the December Boards)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 p.m.  

  • Wonderful news!! I've been following Drew's progress and am so glad he's doing well! You're in our thoughts and prayers,
    Janice WV

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 p.m.  

  • What terrific news! I'm sure everything will go great and drew will be happy to be back in familiar surroundings. You're still in our thoughts and prayers. Sue DC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 p.m.  

  • We're so glad to hear that your finally coming home! How relieved you must be that he's finally himself. It's hard to believe it's only been a week! What a little fighter. Can't wait to see you all together again.
    Love Jerry, Susan and Rachel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home