Heather & Family

Friday, March 25, 2005

Ped visit & shots

Drew & I went for a well baby visit to our paediatrition yesterday. Drew weighs 15lbs 10oz and he's not even 4 months old yet. The doc called him a tank. He is getting so many chubby rolls and dimples now it's so cute. Myah was always such a skinny baby this chubby baby thing is new to me. Drew's head is growing well and he has grown over an inch in length this month. I am always proud that he is growing so well, I am still exclusively breastfeeding which the docs were sure I would not be able to do because of his conditions. We are showing them, my little guy is so strong.

He had to get his RSV immunization and his regular 4 month shots, so 3 needles. Before the doc gave him the shots he explained to Drew that he was doing this to help keep him healthly and that he was sorry he has to be poked so much. It was really sweet, he only cried for a about 10 seconds and the doc was quick with the shots.

Drew is getting a small flat spot on his head so we have to give him more tummy time and have him sleep on his right side so it doesn't get worse. He also has a bit of eczema on his forehead and arms. I will use some hyrdocortisone cream and Aveeno to try to clear up the rash.

We go back in one month for another RSV immunization, the last one. The doc has seen a lot of cases this winter so I am glad we got him immunized as the results could be tragic if he got it with his weaker lungs.

Our next appointment is on Tuesday, March 29th to have a renogram. This is a test to see what is happening with Drew's kidneys. They will insert an IV and put some dye in it and watch it's path through his system. The results should tell us what the problem is so we can come up with a plan of action to monitor or correct the issue. I am not looking forward to this test, I hope it doesn't make Drew too uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home