Heather & Family

Monday, March 21, 2005

Loved and lost :(

James Thomas
On April 22, 1995 Jason's younger brother James died suddenly at the age of 22 of complications of the flu. We still talk of James often and we know he is watching over us. I can't believe he has been gone for 10 years already. Drew shares the middle name Thomas in honour of James and of my great-grandfather.

Curtis
When I was pregnant with Myah our dear nephew Curtis died very suddenly at 11 months old. Curtis was the 3rd child of Jason's brother and his wife. He had an undiagnosed rare genetic condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome - Vascular Type 6. We miss him dearly and every June we have a memorial walk to raise money for research into rare genetic diseases in children. We have raised over $65,000 dollars in the past 4 years. Curtis is our special angel and I know he always with us!

Grandparents
My mother's parents Peggy and Earl have both left us in the past few years and both died far too young. I spent a lot of time with my granparents when I was young, they were wonderful and sp special to me. My sister and I were lucky enough to each have a great-grandchild while they were here to love and enjoy them. I really wish they had the chance to meet Drew on earth but I know they sent me this special boy because we would take good care of him.

My other grandfather George died of cancer when I was 12. I enjoyed lots of good times on his farm and I have great memories of him. He would be thrilled that Drew's middle name honours his father. My Grandmother is 82 and is currently being treated for ovarian cancer. She is fighting hard and the prognosis is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home